Explore the historic and vibrant city of Edinburgh in your own time, with an unlimited 24 hour hop-on hop-off bus tour. From the open-top deck you’ll have a fantastic 360 degree view of the spectacular surroundings, which are a blend of stunning natural beauty, and wonderfully historic architecture. This Scottish sightseeing adventure will take you to all of Edinburgh's key points of interest, including Waverley Bridge, Grassmarket, Johnston Terrace, Old Town, Canongate, Palace of Holyroodhouse, Our Dynamic Earth and much more! There's also an informative audio tour commentary on the double-decker bus, so you can make sense of the fabulous sights you're experiencing. With access to 14 stops around the city, and the ability to hop on and off the bus as much as you please within the given time period, you can truly immerse yourself into the culture of this charming destination.
Route Duration: 1 hour
Stops on the Red Route:
- Waverley Bridge - This recognisable structure is the starting point of the hop-on hop-off tour, but note that you can join the bus at any point along the route, and enjoy unlimited journeys for your chosen time period. This bridge is an important connecting component of Edinburgh that links the two sides of the city together.
- Lothian Road
- Grassmarket - Hop-off at Grassmarket for a truly authentic experience of the local culture. With the pretty surroundings, and the hustle and bustle of the lively marketplace, you'll feel like you've been fully immersed into the Scottish way of life.
- Lauriston Place
- Johnston Terrace
- Chambers Street
- John Knox House - For those wanting to sharpen up on their history, check out this hugely significant spot from Scotland's past. It is believed that John Knox lived in the house, a key player in the Scottish Reformation. This double-decker bus tour comprises of a multilingual audio tour commentary, so you'll be sure to soak up lots of impressive information on your way round!
- Palace of Holyrood - Hop-off at the Holyrood stop to explore the stunning Palace of Holyrood. The palace is the residence of the Queen when she's in Scotland, so maybe you'll witness a royal wave from the window!
- Dynamic Earth - Explore this fascinating science museum that explores the mysteries of our planet and the wider universe!
- Regent Road
- Hanover Street
- Market Street
Attractions on the Red Route:
St Giles' Cathedral / Parliament House / Greyfriars Bobby / Scott Monument / Scottish National Gallery of Modern Art One / Royal Mile / Dynamic Earth / Scottish National Gallery of Modern Art Two (Dean Gallery) / Calton Hill / Arthur's Seat / Holyrood Park / Church of St John the Evangelist / Edinburgh College of Art / George Heriot's School / Gladstone's Land / Palace of Holyroodhouse / The Museum of Edinburgh / John Knox House Museum / Canongate Kirk / Edinburgh Hop on Hop Off Tours / Edinburgh Farmers' Market / City Sightseeing Edinburgh / Grassmarket / National Museum of Scotland
Operates: 09:00am - 4:00pm, every 20 minutes